Here are some of my workarounds.
- Directions are difficult for me
- So I use my GPS.
- Spelling is challenging
- So I use Grammarly to check all of my writing work.
- Writing can be laborious
- So I use voice to text or type my responses.
- I need lots of time to process and share my thoughts.
- Math Calculation
- I use my calculator or conversion charts.
- More Processing Time
- So I ask for my tests to be untimed.
- Reading fluency and comprehension
- When reading a novel, I listen to the book and follow along with my print copy.
- I then stop at the end of each page and discuss what I read with a partner.
- If SparkNotes videos are available on YouTube, I watch those before I read a book to understand the “big idea” of what I will be reading.
What are your workarounds?