How can you help your child build his/her superpower?
1) Take an interest survey with your child and talk about your similarities and differences.
2) Enroll your child in a class or summer camp that peaks his/her interest.
3) Learn by doing through an apprenticeship or volunteer work in an area of strength or interest.
4) Practice a striving area such as reading, writing, or math facts through a preferred medium (art, science, technology, music, movement).
5) Allow time for reflection or explore mindful meditation together as a family.
When strengths and challenges become a family conversation it helps your child to understand the unique gifts he/she has to share with the world. Superpowers become stronger as your child learns more about him or herself. This self-knowledge empowers your child to autonomously navigate his/her educational journey through middle school and beyond with confidence.